61 people took part in this 9th Photo Trek, which also marked the 30th anniversary of Cap Nord Organisation. A packed programme awaited them:
Thursday 28th, evening:
- Arrival at the CIS Wogenscky youth hostel, 14 bis rue de Roubaix, Saint-Etienne
- Distribution of Photo Trek folders containing a Trek book, road book, brochures about the Greater Saint-Etienne area, maps, and 9th Photo Trek stickers and rucksack tags. Slide and film show about the Paris-North Cape Photo Rally.
- Bedroom accommodation.
- Breakfast at the CIS Wogenscky youth hostel
- Official reception at Saint-Etienne city hall (second breakfast of the day)
- Photo Trek around Saint-Etienne’s most interesting historic sites (city centre)
- Easy hike through the Gorges de la Loire, near Condamine
- Drive for those who cannot walk on trails
- 4 pm: collection of the first set of photos at the Château of Saint-Victor-sur-Loire (refreshments)
- First photo jury (professional photographer from St Etienne and local councillors) while the participants head to Doizieux and La Terrasse-sur-Dorlay (two superb mediaeval villages).
- Wonderful hike between the two villages (starting from La Terrasse-sur-Dorlay) under the late afternoon and evening sun.
- Collection of photos for the second jury, which will meet this evening
- Buffet of local produce at La Terrasse -sur-Dorlay
- Results of the first two juries
- Bivouac just above Doizieux, in a meadow with fabulous views (toilets and showers 30 metres from the bivouac site). Doizieux is 4 km from La Terrasse-sur-Dorlay by road.
- Outdoor breakfast (not too early as yesterday was a very long day) while soaking up the magnificent views across the Pilat Regional Park
- Free morning within the Greater Saint-Etienne area to take photos on the theme of “Vie et Regards” for the 123IMPRIM Trophy
- 2.30 pm – 3.30 pm: checkpoint at the village hall in La Valla-en-Gier, a beautiful hillside village.
- Hike along a very pleasant footpath, including a detour to the spectacular Saut du Gier waterfall
- Collection of photos and another buffet of local produce
- Third jury (local councillors and journalist from Le Progrès newspaper)
- Slideshow and results
- Night at the Chalet des Alpes, overlooking the valley (bedroom accommodation)
- 7 am alarm call
- Breakfast at the Chalet des Alpes
- Drive to Saint-Héand
- Photos of the market at Saint-Héand
- Hike to the summit of Mont Morin (872 m), from where there is a wonderful view of the areas visited during the previous two days
- 1 pm – 2 pm Collection of photos
- Buffet of local produce at the village hall while the 4th jury meets
- Grand prize-giving ceremony on the stage in Saint-Héand’s superb functions room
- Slideshow and photo exhibition (123IMPRIM will provide prints of the best photos, some small format, others very large format).
Final reconnaissance at La Valla-En-Gier -- Evening of Tuesday, 19th July